Restaurants are abundant in Gozo, serving a wide range of dishes including pasta, seafood, meat and salads. Many have tables al fresco and can get quite busy during August nights. It would be a good idea to pre-book your table if you’re visiting during the summer months.
Be sure to try one on the many tasty local dishes and products available on the island.
- Gbejniet – Gozitan cheese made from sheeps´milk either fresh, dried, marinated or peppered.
- Pastizzi – favourite snack pastry filled with cheese or peas
- Gozitan Sausage – sausages flavoured by coriander and other herbs
- Bigilla – broad bean paste
- Galleti – water biscuits
- Imqaret – pastry filled with dates
- Baked Rice – rice oven baked in a traditional way
- Nougat – a sweet that is very popular in local festival
- You have to try local fresh bread, wine and olives.